What do statistics say about using video marketing?
Does using video marketing sound like a far-fetched idea due to your company’s reality? Do you think you can’t improve your results using video marketing? Maybe, you understand that there’s a huge potential there but, you’re just skeptical about the subject?
Well, even with all of the studies and statistics available, many companies still see video marketing as an expense instead of an investment. In a way, that’s kind of understandable especially because it’s only recently that B2B videos have been gaining strength.
According to Wyzowl, at the beginning of 2017, 63% of companies used videos as a marketing tool. At the start of 2018, that number jumped to 81%. Now, in 2019, that number has already jumped to 87%!
Why start using video marketing?
Beyond the numbers cited above, Digital Information World published some very interesting data regarding the use of marketing videos in 2019;
- 86% of marketing professionals create video content.
- 81% of people watch videos on the company’s websites.
- 7 out of 10 marketing professionals are optimizing videos for SEO.
- Marketing professionals that use videos increase company revenue quicker than those that don’t use the strategy.
If you research on Google the advancement of video marketing, you’ll see that the use of video marketing is a natural evolution of the strategies to attract more people to your brand. Actually, not just to attract, but to also convert leads into clients.
In a research published by Digital Information World, adding video to a landing page can increase conversion in 80%, and when an image on a landing page is replaced by a video, there’s a 12.65% conversion increase.
When the use of video marketing strategy is aimed at the company’s home page, the conversion rate reaches 20%.
From the consumer’s point-of-view, it’s important to highlight that:
- 64% of online shoppers are more likely to purchase a product after watching a video.
- 92% of shoppers say that visual resources are the most influent factors when it comes time to make a purchase.
- Online shoppers that watched a product demonstration video are 1.81 times more likely to make a purchase than those that didn’t watch the video.
- 90% say that product videos are extremely useful in the decision-making process.
If you follow Signia InSights, you’ve probably noticed that we like to write about the importance of video marketing, be it for a company to explain/sell a product or service, help their online store stand-out, show a consumer’s experience etc.
We do this because we keep up with all types of studies, research, and statistics, and we understand that the use of video marketing helps companies reach that specific audience that is looking for quicker information, something that written content sometimes isn’t capable of providing.
Now it’s your turn to let me know what you think about video marketing. If you have any questions or would like to learn more about the video marketing creative process and how it can take your company to the next level, reach out to me!
‘Till next time!